Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY 2009!

Wow, 2009 is here and again I am thinking about & listing some resolutions/goals for this new year. I even went so far as to type and print them out so I can post it on my mirror. Ya know, if you are at all like me usually one of two things happen...

  • Either I completely forget my goals by week 2 or 3
  • or I assess the situation and realize that I have already failed so I throw in the towel.

Usually, for me, I have too high of expectation or I fail to look at the practical ways/steps to achieve those goals.

Often times I even con myself into thinking that if I just desire something or want something to happen (like lose weight) that it will somehow miraculously happen! WRONG- no matter what it is....it will take and require hard work.

In order to keep working/running toward our goal we need to have our FOCUS on the goal. It will take time/effort/energy/sweat/& possibly tears but isn't it worth it! Think of the health, happiness, peace, growth (whatever it is for you) that will be attained!

Helpful ideas:

  • surround yourself with people who will support you and encourage you along the way
  • seek the Lord's direction/guidance and pray for Him to provide you with the needed vision/strength/motivation/patience/endurance/perseverance
  • look for the lessons He may be trying to teach you this year
  • Don't be afraid to ask for help! It is not a sign of weakness. We all need one another!
  • Don't bite off more than you can chew. Sometimes breaking a big goal into smaller ones is less overwhelming and intimidating.
  • Practice positive self talk. Stop the negative thoughts immediately and exchange them for positive thoughts.

Take care of yourself & each other,

Carmen

0 comments:

Carmen

My photo
Wilsonville, Oregon, United States

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP