Wow, 2009 is here and again I am thinking about & listing some resolutions/goals for this new year. I even went so far as to type and print them out so I can post it on my mirror. Ya know, if you are at all like me usually one of two things happen...
- Either I completely forget my goals by week 2 or 3
- or I assess the situation and realize that I have already failed so I throw in the towel.
Usually, for me, I have too high of expectation or I fail to look at the practical ways/steps to achieve those goals.
Often times I even con myself into thinking that if I just desire something or want something to happen (like lose weight) that it will somehow miraculously happen! WRONG- no matter what it is....it will take and require hard work.
In order to keep working/running toward our goal we need to have our FOCUS on the goal. It will take time/effort/energy/sweat/& possibly tears but isn't it worth it! Think of the health, happiness, peace, growth (whatever it is for you) that will be attained!
- surround yourself with people who will support you and encourage you along the way
- seek the Lord's direction/guidance and pray for Him to provide you with the needed vision/strength/motivation/patience/endurance/perseverance
- look for the lessons He may be trying to teach you this year
- Don't be afraid to ask for help! It is not a sign of weakness. We all need one another!
- Don't bite off more than you can chew. Sometimes breaking a big goal into smaller ones is less overwhelming and intimidating.
- Practice positive self talk. Stop the negative thoughts immediately and exchange them for positive thoughts.
Take care of yourself & each other,